{ 9 comments }

Jeanette April 9, 2008 at 7:56 am

Just when I was thinking how clever your Facebook post linking to your blog was, I find this. I really like your pictures and graphics. As for your misspellings and punctuation, I never really noticed because I looked at the content. I still think your blog and Internet methods clever, and I am a former college instructor with a degree in English.

Where did you get you blogging T shirt?

Joy~

Jeanette

John Dierckx April 3, 2008 at 11:20 pm

Hi Jay I look forward to that and it’s interactions like these that make me happy to be back on the block after a social networking sabbatical.

John

Jay Deragon April 3, 2008 at 5:54 am

John, Thanks much and LOL 🙂

The negative comment has motivated me to assess how humans are rated, historically and now in the social sphere’s. My research has quickly revealed some interesting insights on how the histroy of “rating or ranking people” has produced both negative and positive results but it is a well established mindset and system that at times seems to be an automatic metal and behavioral process embedded in all of us.

Stay tuned for “How Do You Rate”, I think it is going to be interesting and provocative pending I don’t make any grammar or spelling errors 🙂

John Dierckx April 3, 2008 at 5:44 am

Jay, love the spelling errors and misdpalced comma’s and whateever. It is the massage that counts. And just for the record, I think it’s rather Jazzy, some of the monumental notes in jazz were created when the player actually hit the wrong note, it creates tension and makes you wanna hear a solution, which always comes in the same improvisation.

In addition to that, I am so dislictic myself that I would not recognise a speling error even with a red underlining lol.

In the end your message is more important and we all appreciate that.

If we were in here for the grammar and spelling instead of the conversation and message, annoyed would be right. Personal projections however contribute hardly to a better understanding of the issues involved here.

So Jay , keep up the god (haha) work, and I don’t mind a typo here and there, I have a rep myself when it comes to that.

Love, John

Carter F Smith April 2, 2008 at 12:49 pm

Jay,

Your post showing up on my Facebook page is an indication that we are friends. If for some reason I got annoyed with your slice of the digital noise, I would de-friend you and then send a private email to you . . . not an anonymous, spineless, comment on your blog that accused you of being a scholar . . . puh-lease!

Margaret Orem April 2, 2008 at 7:44 am

Gee – I think that is one of the endearing things about Jay’s writing. It is content, presentation, and pow that keeps your attention. Alllll the ltle erors jst r brain tzeres.

He is smart like a whip – is he playing with the analytical part of your mind trying to shake it up? Methinks so.

Jay Deragon April 2, 2008 at 7:43 am

Michael:

Thank you for the kind words. I often wonder why people leave a comment with the name annoyed? OK, so I make spelling and grammar mistakes, so what. I never claimed to be a professional writer who publishes in Business Week or Forbes and Oh by the way, no one pays me to write 🙂

Michael Pokocky April 2, 2008 at 7:35 am

Don’t mind a good conversation and its the results that count in my book.
If the previous negative commenter would look up and read a biography of Hemingway he was a terrible speller and grammar does not have to follow rules. Get creative.
Hey Jay you just keep on writing and let the ones who have nothing to contribute to the conversation other than projecting their failure and anger et al just turn into a puff of ashes.
Kindest,
Michael Pokocky

bonus+ Someone come in right after me and show your support please. Jay is working his ass off to bring relevant content to help you. Who gives a _ _ _ _!!!! about spelling and et al. Like I said its the results that count. And I know for a fact there are some really big names out their watching what is being said here and that in my books is success for this blog. Thank you very much.

Annoyed April 2, 2008 at 6:52 am

Jay,
Your post showing up on my Facebook page only adds to this barrage of digital noise. For a scholar, your grammar and spelling are horrendous. You should know better. I could not get past your second paragraph because I was too busy shaking my head at how you spelled “versus”, and your misused comma in the fourth sentence of the second paragraph.

Comments on this entry are closed.

{ 1 trackback }