Commitment is a strong word that fundamentally means you say what you’ll do and do what you say. Many businesses miss the market by running slick ads, Public Relation campaigns and marketing initiatives that do not truly reflect the organizations commitment to the customer, you.
Ask any company if they are committed to the customer. They will all say yes, absolutely. Ask the customer whether they feel the commitment and you get a different story. Social Media only magnifies this conflict and spreads the word one to one to millions at the click of a mouse.
What Does Commitment Look Like?
From Guerrilla Marketing: Commitment is the attribute that divides winner from losers, and
keeps some people moving when others stop dead in their tracks. It is the characteristic that keeps successful people optimistic in the midst of crushing disappointments. It is the quality that allows champions to learn from their losses and move on. Commitment keeps victors energized
when the newness wears off.
How do you recognize committed souls from others? Simple.
1. People who are committed keep their promises. They do what they say, long after the moment they said it in has passed.
2. People who are committed are in it for the long haul. They are willing to exchange short-term luxuries for a brighter future.
3. People who are committed have their eye on the finish line, but enjoy the ride there.
4. People who are committed demonstrate a minute-after-minute,
day-after-day, month-after-month, and year-after-year attention to
ensuring that “mundane” tasks are accomplished, because they know that excellence isn’t in the details, it is the details.
5. People who are committed don’t build walls, they learn how to surpass them.
Commitment is a big word when it comes to relationships. Marriages fail as a result of lack of commitment. Employers fail due to a lack of commitment to employees and customers. Relationships are founded on commitment. Any behavior, language or actions that shows signs of a lack of commitment and the trouble begins, the confidence wanes and the relationship becomes stressed.
Social media magnifies an individuals or an organizations failure to remain committed. It is the basis from which people form an opinion and decide whether to trust a relationship.
Don’t engage unless you are committed to responding according.
What say you?