The Rising Tide of Expectations
People and businesses don’t like spending time and money without defining the return on their efforts. At the same time people and businesses engage in non-productive activities without even considering an ROI on those activities. So one must ask why do they think social media activities will produce an ROI? The reason is that social media has become in vogue and everyone seems to want to capture value from it rather than with it.
Now Social Media ROI is in Demand Connie Bensen predicts for following trends for 2010 as it relates to this ambiguous thing called social media ROI.
- Companies will expect ROI from their Social Media efforts.
- The Social Media Specialist (Community Manager) position will become mainstream.
- Cultural shift inside of companies.
- Social Media Monitoring will be a necessary component
- Agencies and companies will hire data analysts
- Integration of platforms and processes will be critical.
Connie’s predictions are sound and the market activity in 2010 will likely follow form. I have my own take on social media ROI. My take is there is no ROI from social media. Watch the video below and give us your thoughts.