One of the ancient reference to “slaves” was the biblical account of the story of slaves’ exodus from Egypt. In reviewing the tribulations and trials of the “slaves” exodus from Egypt David Berkowitz compares it to the struggels brands have with this thing called “social media”.
I thought his comparison was a story worth retelling and brilliant analogies of common struggles organizations have with this thing we call call “social media.
David Berkowitz writes: The Ten Plagues of Social Media
1. Lack of transparency (blood)
2. Oversharing (frogs)
3. Campaign?based thinking (lice)
4. Autoposting (flies)
5. Lack of internal communication (pestilence)
6. Lack of integration (boils)
7. Talking at consumers (hail)
8. Bright shiny object syndrome (locusts)
9. Lack of vision (darkness)
10. Death of marketing as we know it (death of the firstborn)